We are a university bound to a foundation with commercial legacy behind it.
As a Social Media Expert, responsibilities will entail developing and executing content strategy and ideas for all social media channels of the university. The position will partner closely with the corporate communication team to ensure that all campaigns are aligned with university’s brand positioning.
He/she is responsible for helping to build a strong, engaged community to help support our business goals. This position is a unique opportunity to build on the strong affinity our fans feel for our shows, encouraging them to interact and add to the brand experiences of ours.
- Organize all social media collateral across all platforms that are in line with university’s brand identity on a continuous and daily basis, working closely with the agency and all related third parties.
- Execute social media strategies to engage our community while growing our presence across all major social media channels (ie. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Manage daily reactive and proactive communications with users across all social media channels.
- Partner closely with the agency in developing and executing social media campaigns and planning the social media content calendar on a weekly basis in an effort to increase engagement, sharing and content creation from our community.
- Liaise with cross functional teams in acquiring the necessary content (images, copy, etc.) needed for social media posts as scheduled.
- Utilize analytics to provide weekly social media engagement and growth reports to executives and help to provide means for improvement.
- Continous attention to news and latest trends in technology and social media development.
- Develop innovative and creative concepts for social media integrations.
- Assist the communications and marketing teams with maintaining a consistent system of reporting and metrics.
- Collaborate with marketing, PR, ad sales, digital and other departments across the networks.
- Help to grow our community of followers, friends and subscribers within current social networks and by identifying emerging social networks and platforms
- Recommend creative approaches/strategies for social media executions in support of marketing objectives for tune-in and digital media assets.
- Assist with high-level network priorities, such as sponsorships, ad sales integrations, partnerships, etc.
- Conduct periodic review of platform performance and engagement levels.
- Keep up to date with the general social media landscape and participate in social media meetings, brainstorms, and strategy sessions.
- Advise on and execute against social media campaigns with members of the media during events and press junkets.
- Contributing to press materials and toolkits.
- Staffing on-air talent and personalities as needed.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in social media management and a genuine interest in education
- Graduate with proven social media and management experience
- Proficiency with social analytics tools and measuring social ROI
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to translate our brand into social media content
- Efficiency in Google Adwords and Google Analytics reporting
- Demonstrated ability to run successful social media campaigns
- Attentive to small details and meticulous in execution
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize own workload, and work independently when required
- Understanding of trends among social media platforms with the ability to discern applicable relevancies to our brand
- Be able to clearly execute creative direction, bring new ideas to the team, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Thorough understanding of all social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of basic photo editing
- Superior Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote capabilities
- Strong understanding of web analytics,
- Passion for the social media space
- Proven track record of success managing a social media channel
- Ability to handle and disseminate confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities