Students can go abroad for 3 to 12 months (including a complementary traineeship period, if planned). The same student may receive grants for studying or being trained abroad totalling up to 12 months maximum per each cycle of study:
Who Can Apply?
The student who are enrolled as regular student at Altınbaş University may apply for Erasmus Mobility Programs.
Please note that Erasmus student mobility for studies is carried out in the framework of prior “inter-institutional agreements” between home and host institutions both of which must be holders of an Erasmus University Charter.
Student can participate both in Erasmus Student Exchange and Erasmus Work Placement.
The application deadline for 2014/2015 Academic Year Erasmus Student Mobility is;
10 April 2014
1. Cumulative GPA:
Vocational School and Undergraduate students-required cumulative GPA: min 2.30/4.00
Master students- required cumulative GPA: min 2.50/4.00
2. Bilateral agreement between the high-education center (home university) and the host university is compulsory.
Altınbaş University Erasmus Student Mobility Application Form (please click to download)
Transcript of Records
Applicants should fill in the application form, accessible on the above link.
Before filling the application documents please consult the Department Erasmus Coordinator regarding the university preferences.
1. Check the “Erasmus Partner Universities”
2. Check the university availability with your Erasmus Program Coordinator at Altınbaş .
3.Application to the Faculty to get the ‘’Exchange Approval’’
4. Go to Student Services and get your transcript.
5. Have your online application print out signed by your faculty Erasmus Academic Coordinator.
6. Bring your transcript and your application form to the International Office.
7. Sit for the Language exam in the medium of instruction of your prefered host university
8. Announcement of test results
9. Participate to the orientation sessions which are going to be at your faculty with your academic coordinators. Time and date will be announced via e-mails. You will be informed about Learning Agreements, Course Selection, Letter of Acceptance, ECTS Credits and Grants.
10. Confirmation from the partner universities. Response time depends on universities.
11. Accommodation arrangements are done by students. Check your e-mails daily at this time. Most of the universities send emails about accomodation directly to you.
12. After you receive your letter of acceptance, you will apply to your visa with the documents asked from the embassy. You need to get a signed official letter from the international office
13. Another thing that you need to do after you get your letter of acceptance is to open a Euro bank account at Is Bankasi and send your account number to international office via e-mail. Your 80% of the grant will be deposited to your accounts after you send your bank account numbers.
14. Fly upon the semester start to the partner university.
Outgoing students of Erasmus Student Mobilty should prepare their detailed Learning Agreements with their Program Erasmus Coordinators.
A "Learning Agreement" setting out the programme of studies to be followed. Program Erasmus Coordinators should contact the host university and request for the list of courses avaliable for the relevant academic year. The total ECTS of the courses is required to be 30 for one semester and 60 for two semesters.
Learning Agreement should be approved by all parties including the Program Erasmus Coordinators, Erasmus Institutional Coordinator, host university abroad and the student. It should be prepared as 3 copies.
A study agreement (grant agreement) covering the mobility period should be signed between the student and his or her home higher education institution. This agreement specifies the issues such as the name of the involving parties, duration, university and amount of grant. This document is being prepared by the International Office and approved both by the student and the Institutional Erasmus Coordinator.
|Country Groups||Host Countries||Monthly Grant for Student Mobility (€)||Monthly Grant for Placements(€)|
|Group 1 Programme Countries with higher living costs||Denmark, Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland||500||600|
|Group 2 Programme Countries with medium living costs||Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Iceland , Turkey||400||500|
|Group 3 Programme Countries with lower living costs||Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia||300||400|
Erasmus grant payments are made in 2 installments. First installment amount is calculated by the National Agency as the amount not to exceed the 80% of the total amount. It is paid before the student’s departure. Second installment is paid when the student comes back and submits all the necessary documents to the International Office.
According to the beginning and ending dates of the study period abroad specified on the student’s Certificate of Participation, total amount of the Erasmus grant is calculated again. Students can receive grants only for their Erasmus Study periods abroad.
Erasmus students make their prepations for application to the partner university, visa, accomodation by themselves, they can consult their Program Erasmus Coordinators, International Office, and host university when they have problems.
In order to help the student with the visa applications, a document will be given by the International Office to the student indicating that he/she is an Erasmus student.