1-TUITION FEE PAYMENT DATES
Students shall pay tuition fees at the beginning of each academic year before the deadline specified in the academic calendar.
Re-registration (registration renewal) dates are clearly indicated in the academic calendar. Students who fail to pay tuition fees before the deadline shall be subject to a 5% penalty for late payment.
3-TUITION FEE PAYMENT METHODS
International (Foreign) Students;
Shall pay their tuition fees at the beginning of each semester.
- Cash payment at a Denizbank branch (no discount available)
- Payment by credit card via sis.altinbas.edu.tr (no instalment available)
Minor programs are tuition-free.
5-TUITION FEE FOR ENGLISH PREPARATORY PROGRAM
The tuition fees for Compulsory English Preparatory Program are the same with undergraduate tuition fees.
6-DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMS
Double degree programs are tuition-free provided that the student successfully completes his/her second major within one academic year following the end of regular study period. If the student fails to complete his/her double degree program within the specified period of time, s/he shall pay the tuition fee for the relevant academic year.
7-INTERNSHIP AND SINGLE COURSE EXAM
Students who have not yet carried out their compulsory traineeships but who have completed the normal duration of their studies and meet all of the graduation requirements, will not be charged additional tuition fees in order for they can start and continue their traineeships.”
Students wishing to sit single-course examination are not required to pay any fee.
Tuition fees previously paid for the second semester of the academic year will be refunded to students who are deemed eligible for early graduation from undergraduate and associate’s degree programs as of Academic Year 2018-2019 by taking upper level courses.
9-REGARDING STUDENTS WHO CAN’T GRADUATE WITHIN NORMAL PERIOD OF STUDIES (3-Course Discount)
In the event that a student fails to graduate within normal period of studies, s/he is offered a 50% discount on the semester tuition fee provided that s/he takes a maximum of 3 (three) courses per semester as of the semester when s/he was registered. The same amount of discount will be offered to such students for the following semesters.
Students wishing to benefit from the 3-Course discount may apply to their respective undergraduate schools. Budget and Finance Department will implement the discount following the approval from the undergraduate school administration. Applications submitted after the add/drop period will not be accepted.
10- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AND DISCOUNTS
Application procedures for Sibling Tuition Discount, Spouse/Dependent Tuition Discount, Staff Tuition Discount, 3 Course Discount, Merit-based scholarships, master’s degree scholarships and for other discounts and grants, which are clearly set forth in University Scholarship Rules and Regulations as well as in other decisions currently in force, shall be completed before the end of add/drop period. Applications submitted after the end of add/drop period will not be taken into consideration.
11-LEAVE OF ABSENCE (FREEZING REGISTRATION)
Leave of Absence
In order for associate’s, undergraduate and graduate students can take a leave of absence, they are primarily required to register/re-register and pay their tuition fees in full or pay their tuition fees in instalments under a bank guarantee. As international students are required to pay their tuition fees per semester, they must pay their semester tuition fees in full. Students requesting a leave of absence are required to pay a fee for taking a leave of absence, which is 10% of tuition fee for the period of absence (as of January 1st, 2020).
For instance; a student should pay a yearly tuition fee of 8.500 USD. If s/he takes a leave of absence in the 2nd semester, s/he shall pay the total fee for the year. But, 90% of the semester fee (fee per semester is 4.250 USD) of the following academic year, which is 3.825 USD will be used as a discount in the next academic year. In this case, the student would pay 8.500-3.825= 4.675 USD instead of 8.500 USD next year.
Taking a leave of absence free of charge
Students can take a leave of absence for maximum period of one academic year, provided they are subject to or victims of the following incidents:
Failure to Re-Register
In the event that a student, who have not re-register in previous academic years/semesters without reason or without any notice, wishes to re-register, s/he must pay 15% of tuition fees for the previous academic year(s)/semester(s) and the full tuition fee for the academic year for which s/he want to register.
12- CANCELLATION OF ENROLMENT
a- International (Foreign) Students;
1)REGISTRATION RENEWAL (FOR CURRENT STUDENTS): In the event of cancellation of enrolment before the start of classes (after the tuition payment is made), 5% of program tuition fee will not be refunded. In the event of cancellation of enrolment before the start of add-drop period specified on the University website (academic calendar), 50% of the relevant semester tuition fee will not be refunded to the student. In the event of cancellation of enrolment after the end of add-drop period, tuition fee for the relevant semester will not be refunded to the student.
2)NEWLY REGISTERED STUDENTS
- According to Altınbaş University’s international student application and admission rules, international students students are required to make a down payment (the amount is specified by the President’s Office each year) in order for the University can keep track of the admission. The down payment is deducted from the total tuition fee that students must pay during the exact registration process. In the event that student cancels enrolment for any reason or fails to obtain a visa, the down payment amount will not be refunded to the student, the rest will be refunded. In the event that a student cancels enrolment after the exact registration is complete, the pre-payment will not be refunded to the student, regardless of registration or enrolment cancellation dates.
- Prepayment amounts: Medical School 12.500 USD, Dental School 10.000 USD, School of Pharmacy 7.500 USD, for other schools 1.000 USD. Prepayment amount will not be refunded during cancellation of enrollment process even if the student applies for a leave of absence (freezing registration)
- In the event of cancellation of enrolment (after the tuition payment is made), before the start of add-drop period specified on the University website (academic calendar), 50% of the relevant semester tuition fee will not be refunded to the student. In the event of cancellation of enrolment after the end of add-drop period, tuition fee for the relevant semester will not be refunded to the student. (Please note that non-refundable amounts shall not be smaller than the prepayment amount.)