Borrowing and Return Policy
In addition to students, all administrative and academic staff of Altınbaş University as well as the guests may use the library resources.
- The students are obliged to show their university identity card during borrowing procedures.
- Books shall not be loaned to the students who do not have their university identity cards. Books cannot be borrowed with the cards which do not belong to the borrower.
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, periodicals, reference books, audio-visual materials, thesis, projects shall not be loaned.
- The library administration has the authority to ask for the return of the loaned materials when deemed necessary. In this case, the user shall be obliged to bring the publication back within 3 (three) days.
- Any responsibility of the loaned material shall belong to the borrower until it is returned.
- From the library, students may borrow 2 (two) books for 15 (fifteen) days, master degree students may borrow 4 (four) books for 1 (one) month, Academic Staff may borrow 6 (six) books for 1 (one) month.
- Guests cannot borrow books from the library.
- Loans are for a specific period of time. The user is obliged to return the material before the expiration of due date. When requested, an additional period of 1 (one) week may be granted for 1 (one) time if the due date has not expired.
- Borrowing of the returned material by the same user is only possible at least 2 (two) working days after the return date.
- The members may extend the loan beyond its current due date via phone (212 604 01 00/4006).
Resources Returned Late
- Users who return books late may not borrow or renew books without returning those books and paying late fees.
- Users have to return the publications on their return dates. 2 days borrowing ban shall apply for every 1 late return day.
- In case of the graduation or discharge, students are obliged to return borrowed publications and they are required to get a “discharge certificate” from the library.
Access to Internet Services
- Students, academic staff and university staff of Altınbaş University can use the library computers for free.
- The computer shall primarily be used for Internet purposes.
- Chatting, playing games and changing the system tools are prohibited.
- Internet shall not be made available for a specific period of time for those who do not obey the rules.