The objective of the Software Engineering Program at Altınbaş University Engineering is to educate software engineers with the following competences.
1) Technical Competence: Solid foundation in software engineering and software science, essential for a successful career in academy, private sector or public sector; contribute to the research, development and production in Software engineering, Software science and related areas; competent in entrepreneurship, innovation and project management.
2) Communication Skills: Strong communication skills.
3) Team Work and Leadership: An ability to work independently, in multidisciplinary teams and will possess leadership skills.
4) Social Responsibility and Professional Ethics: An awareness of social responsibility and professional ethics, the legal consequences and the impact of information technology applications on individual, institutional, societal and global contexts.
5) Continuous Improvement: Follow latest developments in science and technology with the awareness of the importance of personal and professional development and lifelong learning.
The learning outcomes of the Software Engineering Program at Istanbul Kemerburgaz University are as listed below.
1) An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering
2) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret experimental results
3) An ability to design implement and evaluate a software based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
4) An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
5) An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
6) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
7) An ability to communicate effectively
8) The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
9) A recognition of the need of and an ability to engage in life-long learning
10) Knowledge on contemporary issues
11) An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for software science and engineering practice
12) Commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
13) An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity