The aim of the Civil Engineering Program at Istanbul Kemerburgaz University is to educate graduates who have the following profile:
1) Fundamental Knowledge: Skilled in basic and applied mathematics and sciences, and the sub-disciplines of civil engineering essential for their professional or academic carriers.
2) Professional Skills: Capable of working in a professional environment, demonstrating and applying technical skills successfully, interacting with other professionals effectively, and understanding the ethical issues related to Civil Engineering.
3) Design Skills: Skilled in approaching a design problem, use the available resources efficiently, and apply their knowledge on the field to the specific problem, work in a team environment and present viable solutions.
4) Communication Skills: Skilled in communicating efficiently with professionals and others, explain problems, and provide solutions and present results effectively and comprehensibly.
5) Lifelong Learning and Personal Development: Discipline of continuously improving their professional knowledge and adapting to new information and innovations in their fields.
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Program at Istanbul Kemerburgaz University are equipped with the following knowledge and abilities:
1) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
2) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
3) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
4) An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
5) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
6) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
7) An ability to communicate effectively
8) The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
9) A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
10) A knowledge of contemporary issues
11) An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
12) The skills in the core principles of Civil Engineering and the ability to apply these principles in engineering practice and research
13) An ability to present their work to others effectively
14) A knowledge of other scientific disciplines, and the ability to apply scientific innovations and techniques developed in other disciplines in the Civil Engineering field