The Undergraduate Economics Program aims to produce graduates with leadership skills who are equipped with the following competences:
- Ability to apply the basic concepts, methods, and theories of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- To gain a thorough understanding of how economic policies and international events influence and shape individual behavior and determine economy-wide outcomes.
- To be equipped with the fundamentals of quantitative methods and statistical inference.
- Ability to collect and examine economic data and use proper tool and to evaluate an economic policy with its benefits and costs.
In addition to providing a world-class economics education, through close interaction and collaboration between faculty, business and industry, and professional, civic and governmental organizations, our program is designed to nurture our students to become contributing members of their team, organization and society by bolstering:
- Competence in written and oral communication in English and Turkish
- Cultural appreciation and respect for diversity
- A strong sense of personal integrity, professional ethics and social responsibility
- An appreciation and motivation for the lifelong learning process and the ability to assess and improve their personal development